Thursday, August 19, 2010

People's Reaction to Crime/Violence?

What has happen to people these days?





I have watched some of the Dateline : NBC shows and one of them had a man purposely trying to break into a house from the front window, several people walked by, and none of them reacted.





NBC did the same thing with a set-up car jacker.





Also, I have my own experience.





A few days ago at the local mall, there were ladies fighting over something. They were running and screaming and yelling and shrieking so loudly, they were shoving each other into other people, and I heard one of the women scream something about a baby. They were punching each other and crying and ****. I heard "I'M A ******* KILL YOU, YOU DIRTY *****" and they started chasing each other every where.





It all happened in the American Eagle/Aeropostale section, so a lot of people (and tween girls with CELL PHONES) were there, and none of them called the police.





What I'm trying to say is why do people never react to those situations, but just walk away so they don't get involved?

People's Reaction to Crime/Violence?
Either that or they enjoy it!





I talked to a man who goes to my church. He's 80 years old or so. He said that before WWII if an ambulance drove by, people on the sidewalk would doff their hats and mutter prayers under their breath for the victim!!





Now people rubber neck and chase the ambulance, contemplating the gruesome spectacle inside.
Reply:I'm going to assume this happens because we live in a society today where people usually want* to look out for themselves so they can have it* all to their self. Unfortunately the justice system isn't....(thinking of the best way to put it)...fair sometimes. For example it's possible that if someone tried to get involved to only stop the fight that person could share the same justice as those women who caused all the ruckus.


No comments:

Post a Comment